Friday, January 30, 2015

Five Year Project

Last Friday of the Month
Today is the last Friday of the month, which makes it time for my post on The Five Year Project. Basically, it’s a group headed by Misha  Gericke where you make a goal and review it each month. For me, it’s to have a world class publishing company. Feel like joining us? You can sign up here.

How it’s going:  I’m not sure. It’s hard to make that transition from writer to editor. I know I’m much better at editing than I’ve ever been before. I know I can tell what’s good and what isn’t. I know I’ve had several requests from good writers who want me to publish their books. I just don’t know if I’m there yet. At this point I don’t feel like I have much more to offer than experience and advice, and I won’t sign on an author until I feel like I could actually help them. I know what it’s like to dream, and I refuse to compromise someone else’s for the sake of mine. So that’s where I am right now: not sure when ready is really ready.

How about you—have you ever been afraid to take that plunge?