Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The In-between Post

Welcome to my in-between post. What I mean by that is that I post weekly, but usually that's tied up with IWSG, Indie Life, and the Five Year Project. Which, if I do the math right, is only three out of four weeks, which leaves this week open. I don't do very well with open. I've never gotten into Facebook because I'm not sure people want to know that I'm going grocery shopping or heading out to the bank, but then again, when I do go on, I get absorbed in those details of my friends lives, so maybe they do. So that is my question for today: What is it that readers want to know about us? I know the answer for me as a reader; I want to know everything. If I love a writer, I can't get enough. I want to know who, I want to know when, I want to know how much. There's a connection of a soul there somehow that I don't want to end. I MUST KNOW MORE. Maybe it's the child in me, the one who had invisible friends, the one who knows that character, that one I loved, is really alive in there somewhere, in some form or another, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get a glimpse of them again.

What have you found that readers most want to know about you?

8 comments:

  1. They want more personal stuff from me. Hopefully a little guitar playing satisfied them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tell my readers on FB that I'm going grocery shopping or to the bank. I try to keep my posts related to writing and reading and may throw in a post about my life...like my cats. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many readers ask where the ideas come from which is actually a very difficult thing to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the readers want to know the inspirations. And what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. I enjoy knowing personal things about people, whether they're authors or not. I think we all do, which explains the popularity of Facebook. You'd think with all that oversharing we do on Facebook it would get old but it's more popular than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have readers outside of my blog and my Twitter page, since I'm not published. But as a reader myself, I can say that one thing I'm always interested in are authors' writing process, the inspiration for their work (such as whether or not their characters are based on real people), and places that they travel to or their interactions with other writers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never announce my comings and goings on FB. But not many people know where I live, so I guess there wouldn't be much of a danger anyway.

    I don't know what people are interested in...I most common question I get is: "When's the next book coming out?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. By nature, I'm a private person, so I don't divulge any personal stuff... not sure if, in the long run, that's a good/bad thing...

    ReplyDelete