Wednesday, February 4, 2015

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month
Today is the first Wednesday of the month, making it IWSG day. If you feel like joining in, you can. Here is the link.
IWSG is an acronym for Insecure Writer’s Support Group. The meaning and purpose of this group is near  and dear to my heart.
 I’ve been a reader all my life and it never once occurred to me that a writer could be insecure, that it might actually be difficult for them to publish. Now, I’m not talking about the publishing process itself, that’s a whole different topic for another day. No, I’m talking about writing in the first place, and then, being willing to release that writing to the world. I had no idea, until I became a writer myself, that putting words down on paper is like barring your soul; and that to relative strangers. I never realized how incredibly courageous that was, how super-hero worthy.  I just thought they were words, made into stories. I didn’t know they were the essence of a person, and therefore should be handled carefully. That’s why I rarely review.  I’m just too critical, and I know how that can hurt.  So here I am, raising my glass to all of you brave souls who have had the courage to reveal yourself, and to you, who are still trying to work up the nerve. I say go for it.
The world needs to know who you are.