Wednesday, March 4, 2015

IWSG


First Wednesday of the Month
 
This is the first Wednesday in March, which makes it IWSG time. For those of you who are unaware, or want to join in, you can find out more here. Thanks Alex and friends for putting this on each month. I can’t begin to imagine how much work it must be.

This month (and I say thing month, because it’s very likely next month I’ll be saying the exact opposite) I’m at a good place. I’m writing for me. I’m not particularly swayed by trends, reviews of my past works, or general public opinion. I’m finally at a place where I’ve read enough and written enough that I know that while I’ll never be Ernest Hemingway, he’ll never be me, either. I still suck with commas. I still write very sparse. I still way over-think things, but that’s okay. That’s just who I am.

Who are you?

13 comments:

  1. When we can be comfortable in our own skin, we'll shine even brighter. Just be the best you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how confident you are in yourself and in your writing. I hope I get that way one of these days.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice being in that place every once in a while. Gives you a chance to sit back and reflect on how well things are really going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not Hemmingway either and I suck with commas too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're in a good place, Melanie. Keep writing for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep at it Melanie! I wish I could write as much as you do.... ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it up. I'm glad you've found what works for you to keep writing. I'm still trying to find that place where I balance who I want to be and what I actually am as a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the best writers I ever read "thought too much" about things. I've been rereading Nora Ephron's novel, Heartburn, and some of the essays that she wrote; it's clear that she was an over-thinker, and I think that is one of the reasons that her work is so funny, honest and charming. So it's good that you've accepted your identity as an over-thinker, because you can use that to your advantage in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's hear it for sparse writers then!
    Be the best YOU. That's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"m glad you're enjoying a happy space, Melanie! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy this feeling and keep it with you when things get tough.
    Criticism on work is for readers, not writers. We're just supposed to ignore it like it doesn't impact us at all. Easy enough to say...

    ReplyDelete