Wednesday, October 7, 2015

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month

Today is the first Wednesday of the month, which makes it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosts for putting this on each month.

Today I’m dealing with one of my biggest insecurities: Advancing Technology

Some people get technology like it’s second nature to them. I am not one of those people. I’d be more comfortable in a cabin deep in the woods plunking away at an old Remington than where I am now: in an office on a computer that scares the begesus out of me.  It’s not an unusual occurrence in my house to hear me call out for help to my seventeen year old when I get stuck on something computer/device related. She rolls her eyes and pushes a couple buttons and goes on her way. In a way I’m proud of this. I love that I haven’t conformed to this changing society. But that pride doesn’t help me much when I’ve hit send for the thousandth time and nothing happens. Am I alone here?

-Mel