Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Indie Life

Second Wednesday Each Month

Today is the second Wednesday of the month, which makes it Indi Life day, a time to reflect on all things Indi. If you want to join in the fun, you can sign up here.

Today I’m going to talk about Crowd funding. I’ve taken a course on this and read up on it a little, but it is a relatively new concept for me. Basically, it’s using perks such as your soon to be released books as a way to raise funds for the expense of producing them. This concept isn’t typically used for books, but it could be. It appears the key to this is having a good platform to start with, and giving people perks they can be excited about. I’m thinking about doing this with Bloodbrothers, the last book in the Newstead Anthem. If you’re interested in doing this yourself, there’s basically two main sites to help you facilitate it, they are Indigogo ( http://www.indiegogo.com ) and Kickstarter ( https://www.kickstarter.com/ ).

If it works for you stop back and let me know.

Anyone else done this before? Any advice for those of us who are new to this concept?  

3 comments:

  1. I know several authors who've done it with success. Of course Anne R. Allen's post this past Sunday took a different view. Let us know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done it before, but I have heard about it from news articles about people who used it for other reasons, like actors who use it to make movies. I think it's nice that it gives people an opportunity to connect with their audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting idea. I'm just too lazy to pub a book this way. Is it wrong? I'm thinking not besides doing what you suggest, there is finding a great editor or two and the art work. I'm a writer not a...

    If you feel lucky drop by to play in my giveaway :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete