Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month
Today is July 1st, the first Wednesday of the month, which makes it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosts for putting this on each month. IWSG stands for Insecure Writer’s Support Group, which basically means we all admit we’re insecure and we support one another. And if that’s not enough, now there’s a t-shirt. You can get yours here .

Today also marks the beginning of Camp NaNo. Those of you who follow this blog know NaNo is a huge tool for me for my writing. It keeps me accountable and on track, but I haven’t always been successful with them. Sometimes I quit. And that’s the thought that lingers in the back of my mind today--will I finish this time? Past failures breed future failures, and the same can be said of successes. I’ve written two books with NaNo. I’m going to try to focus on them today instead of the one bomb I wrote and the other that never got finished. Got any good advice for me as I start?
-Mel