Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Indie Life

Second Wednesday Each Month

There are millions of books out there; I'm just saying. How do you get yours to stand out? For me, nothing has beaten word of mouth. People loved my books and told others about them. Yes, but how do you get people to read your books in the first place? Give them a sample.
Online there are lots of options, wattpad being the one I use most, but there are more, like here for example. Every Monday I post a piece of my flash fiction to show people what my writing style is like. I am also a social person, so I enjoy doing readings in person. Once a month I meet with my Heart Link group- a national woman's networking group- and read pieces of my flash. It helps to develop that connection that you sometimes miss when you only meet online.
 
Here are some links to get you started: wattpad, Heart Link Networking

Do you prefer to network online or in person?
 


4 comments:

  1. I do better online than in person. Too shy I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've found the perfect answer, but I do think that a mix of online and in-person is a good idea. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm better online. Not that I'm very good, but I'm far better online than offline, when it comes to networking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like in person and I'm pretty good at it. I think I'm more reserved online than I am in person but online is probably more important.

    ReplyDelete