Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Resolutions

My family and I just got back from camp. We go every year to Camp Pioneer, a beautiful place right on Lake Erie. It’s kind of like New Year’s Eve for me. I mean the resolutions, not necessarily the party. At some point every year I make it to the beach for some alone time and think about my life; where it’s going, where I’ve been. And I make some hard decisions.
This year I thought a lot about my role as a wife and mother, and my career. It was on the shores of Lake Erie that I decided I don’t want to be a nurse anymore. I love being a nurse, always have, but it just feels like it’s time to be a writer, not just play at it.
And I decided the difference between being a good mother and a bad one was talking with my children, instead of at them and I need to do that more.
My husband?  I acknowledged my mistakes, and his. And I thanked God that I have David in my life and I am looking forward to more time with him this year.
But most of all I saw the parts of my life that I had attempted to do my own way and they sucked. So this year it’s all His; the good, the bad, the ugly.
I can’t to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment