Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Still Here

I am sorry, I know it has been a long time since I have posted. I know that I am no busier than the rest of you. So I won’t make excuses, I will just update you about what’s going on.
I have just finished my second book Rephaim, and have been working like a maniac on the third. It has been a challenge, though. In one week I’ve had three computers die. Seriously. I reverted to writing in an old journal, which is something I did in the beginning. The bad part about that is that I can never read my own writing; which makes it very interesting when I go to transcribe it into my computer.
Are any of you in the querying stage? I really should be, my first book is finished and I should be working on getting that published. But I have this sense of urgency about finishing the series. The ideas are flowing and I want to take advantage of that while it’s there. I have had periods when it’s not, so I know to take advantage when it is.
I will be posting my query in progress in a future post to get your advice. Also if anyone has any advice on who to submit it to, I would appreciate it. I have been following Literary Rambles, a blog by Casey McCormick that focuses on different agents. It seems to be a good source, but I still feel like a fish out of water. I’m not exactly what you would call technologically savvy. My lack of posts should be evidence of that (and my broken computers).
So please forgive me, my followers. I plan on posting more regularly from now on.
Take care- Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment