Wednesday, May 6, 2015

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month
 
Today is the first Wednesday of the month, making it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting this, and thanks to all the fellow co-hosts who help this thing function month after month. Today I get to be one of them, which means I get to visit a chunk of the group, which I’m really looking forward to.

But enough about that.

Today what I’m feeling insecure about is so basic it’s stupid. I’ve gotten out of the habit of writing. With A to Z and all the outside work that April brings, I've had all kinds of excuses not to sit down and write. I thought about writing, I talked about writing, but I didn’t actually done the work. Today that stops. I’m locking myself into a local Panera and not letting myself leave until I get some real writing done. No distractions. No excuses.

That’s my insecurity; what’s yours?