Wednesday, September 3, 2014

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month

Today is the four year anniversary of this whole writing thing for me, and ironically, the third anniversary for ISWG. Coincidence? Maybe not. My writing life has been full of insecurities, especially in the beginning. At that time I was told a million and one reasons why I shouldn't write my particular story--it had already been written, it wasn't mainstream enough, etc, etc, etc. I think that's what they tell everybody. It's evident every time I try to find a new book to read. Everything is the same. Except in Indie--except with all of you. We don't have "gatekeepers" telling us what to write. We write what we love, and it shows. So what have I learned over the past four years concerning my insecurities as a writer?
That I don't care. I'm going to write the story I was meant to write.
Speaking of that...
Erron is officially released today. Enjoy.


For years, Erron has been running from the ones who have slaughtered his family. With his abilities it's been easy. Until Willow. It turns out caring about someone has it's costs. He's no longer uncatchable.

It's available now on Amazon and Kindle. Get your copy here

12 comments:

  1. Congrats, Melanie! This is a really big day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to agree with you here 100%. Congrats on your new release! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never let anyone tell you that you can't write a story. You can! We all can!

    Yay for Erron! Congrats!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear all the time at conferences that you should write the story you want to write. This tip applies to both traditional and non-traditional publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....and congratulations on your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the book. Your premise sound intriguing. I love the upper cover art of your blog. Very unique and eye catching.
    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you stuck with it, Melanie. It's great to see Erron come to life. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to write what you love! I'm happy that you succeeded and have the joy of seeing your book released.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely. Write what you love and the passion will show. Best advice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy writing anniversary! You have the right attitude.

    And Erron sounds like an invisibility book! LOVE this!!! One of my favorites is Robert Cormier's, FADE.

    ReplyDelete