Wednesday, August 5, 2015

IWSG


First Wednesday of the Month
 
Today’s the first Wednesday of the month, which makes it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosts for putting this on each month. Basically, it’s a time for writers to vent and support each other in their venting. Feel like joining in? You can. Sign up here .

Last month, as most of you know, my husband and I started a new venture with Black and White editing, and with anything new comes insecurities. Will people come? Will they like what we do for them? I don’t know; which is one of the main reasons we decided to do the first five pages for free as a way for people to try us out. We’re not talking about detailing people’s cars here. It’s their stories, their deepest dreams. I want them to be happy. I need them to be happy, and if it’s not with us, that’s okay.

On the writerly side of things, everything is going well. I love my current WIP (Bloodbrothers). It’s nearing completion; hopefully to be released sometime in September, which has been my goal all along. September marks five years from when I started writing Newstead; it only seems fitting that the series should be completed then. The illustrator just submitted the cover and I LOVE it. Steven makes an appearance on this one, and he captured him perfectly. That’s about it for me, what’s going on with all of you?

Have a great first week of August.

-Mel