Chrys Fey nominated me for the Liebster award several weeks ago, and I’m sorry to say, it took me this long to accept it. Thank you Chrys for the nomination!
For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The goal is to help people find these blogs that are worthy of a bigger following. In German “Liebster” means kindest, beloved, valued, and welcome.
The current rules for accepting this award are:
1. List 11 random facts about myself.
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated me.
3. Nominate 11 more blogs who have less than 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
4. 4. Post 11 new questions for those bloggers to answer (If they wish to accept the award—it’s completely optional).
Chrys’s 11 questions for me:
1. If you were allowed to read books by only one author, who would it be and why? Probably Ted Dekker. I love his style.
2. What is your favorite dessert? It changes with the time of year, but right now I’d have to say fruit pie with maybe a smidge of ice cream.
3. On a Friday night, what are you most likely to do? Again, that depends on the time of year. Right now, it would be to take the kids to the Drive-In. My husband goes to the races most Friday nights, so it’s a perfect time for me to hang out with the kiddos.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why? It would be my desire to please people, because I’ve found out (several times) the hard way that you just can’t, so you shouldn’t even bother trying.
5. Who is your favorite literary character? (One hero, and one heroine.) I know people will think I’m being trite when I say this, but my favorite characters are my own. I’ve spent a lot of time with them and couldn’t imagine loving anyone else more, and I can’t pull favorites so here’s my list: For the guys: Joel, Marcus, Steven, and Erron. And for the girls: Rachel and Willow.
6. What is your biggest dream? To become publisher, but not like how publishers are now, not a gatekeeper. I want to partner with authors to help make books that will change the world, and right now I’m starting with mine.
7. What song could you listen to over and over again? Only Hope by Switchfoot
8. If your house were burning down, what would you take and why? Assuming all the people made it out okay, I’d grab my computer (has all my writing on it), some original art work I’ve been fortunate enough to acquire (can’t replace an original), and some family pictures (can’t replace those, either).
9. Who is your inspiration, your hero? God. But if you’re asking about a person, I’d have to say Katie Davis, a young woman who gave up an affluent life here in the States to move to Uganda to care for the orphans there. Seriously; this woman amazes me. You can find out more about her on her blog: www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com or you can watch a youtube video about her here
10. What advice would you give your teenage self? You know that guy you think is so hot? Hang on to him. He’s one of the best things to ever happen to you.
11. If you were not in your current line of work, what would you be doing instead? I’m a psychiatric nurse by profession, but I’ve been laid off since January, so I guess the answer to that is what I’m doing right now: Enjoying my kids, making a home for our family, and writing books that I love.
Picking just eleven was a bit of a challenge; there are hundreds of blogs out there worthy of this award. The ones listed below are what I consider to be the best of the best of the blogs I follow with under 200 followers.
1. Elle from Erratic Project Junkie
2. Randi Lee at The Emotional Process of Writing a Novel.
3. Michelle at Buttered Toast Rocks
4. Chase from Chase's Log Notes
5. Rebecca at The Ninja Librarian
6. Tania at Creative Preschool Times
8. Jennifer at Creative Exercise
10. Erin Funk
11. Faith Laces
And the questions they need to answer, should they choose to accept this award:
1. What projects are you working on right now?
2. What plans do you have for this summer?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
6. Your favorite childhood book?
7. What experience in your life changed you the most?
8. Who is your best friend?
9. What has been your favorite pet?
10. Who is your favorite literary villain?
11. Cheese or chocolate?