Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jezebel

My third novel, ACQUISITION gets more into this topic than the other two. But it was inevitable. One of my main characters was a Nazarite, and where there is a Nazarite there is always a Jezebel.
It is difficult to know which comes first. It the Nazarite created to counter a Jezebel? Or is the Jezebel sent to destroy the Nazarite?
The Jezebel’s always use the same tools: seduction. Even after Delilah betrayed Samson over and over again he kept taking her back. Why? He wanted her, he lusted for her. She had her hooks in so deep he couldn’t imagine wanting anyone else.
Until she destroyed him.
That’s what my third novel is loosely based on. The seduction. The fall.
Being a Psychiatric Nurse in today’s society, I didn’t need the story of Samson and Delilah to inspire me. The world around is enough of an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment