Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month
Today is July 1st, the first Wednesday of the month, which makes it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosts for putting this on each month. IWSG stands for Insecure Writer’s Support Group, which basically means we all admit we’re insecure and we support one another. And if that’s not enough, now there’s a t-shirt. You can get yours here .

Today also marks the beginning of Camp NaNo. Those of you who follow this blog know NaNo is a huge tool for me for my writing. It keeps me accountable and on track, but I haven’t always been successful with them. Sometimes I quit. And that’s the thought that lingers in the back of my mind today--will I finish this time? Past failures breed future failures, and the same can be said of successes. I’ve written two books with NaNo. I’m going to try to focus on them today instead of the one bomb I wrote and the other that never got finished. Got any good advice for me as I start?
-Mel

9 comments:

  1. You've done it before - you can do it again!
    I'm the same way. I need that kind of motivation to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Set yourself a realistic target of how many words you will write a day and stick to it! Even if you have total writers block on your current book, write a blog post or something instead just to make writing daily a habit
    Popping by on the A to Z Road Trip
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Set small, daily goals so the big one doesn't overwhelm you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best of luck. I could never do that challenge in the summer.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  5. , Like the Susan above, I could never do that challenge. I'd stutter and die in mid-stream.

    p.s. The white font in the comment section is hard to read, even when I tilt the screen back and forth. Just a note.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My advice is to be happy with whatever you write, whether you complete the challenge or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether you complete the word count goal or not, you will be that much father ahead on a new novel. Every word written is a positive. Chemist Ken has it exactly write, errr... right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you should quit if you can't complete your word count. Do what you can everyday, even if it's less than you predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening - I'm visiting your blog because I got the link from your page at the Camp NaNo cabin. Every step counts. One foot in front of the other. Give yourself credit for every word.

    Geri (flightsoffancy53)

    ReplyDelete