Monday, March 23, 2015

A to Z Theme Reveal


Today is reveal day for the upcoming April A to Z. No surprises here from me. I plan to do what I’ve always done: flash fiction. Last year I was getting ready to release Blackbird, so my flash had that theme in mind, but this year I don’t have a book being released, so the flash will just be random: the meanderings of my mind. I have yet to write a single one, so I’m sure I’ll be busy the rest of the week getting those ready, especially because I’m going out of town for a few days in the beginning of April. I’ll still be online, so visiting all of you won’t be a problem, but I doubt I’ll want to be hunched over the computer trying to come up with a story while I’m on vacation. Nothing ruins the relaxation like stress on a deadline.
 
Anyhow…are any of you participating in A to Z this year? What are your themes?
 
I'll be posting on Friday for the five-year project in review, and then again next Wednesday for IWSG as well as day one of A to Z. See you then!
 
-Mel

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you haven't written any of them yet? You're really set yourself up for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can call them 'suddenly flash' since you're writing them at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flash fiction and I really enjoyed reading your snippets from Blackbird last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never participated in the A to Z challenge because I don't think I could come up with that many posts in one month, but it's always interesting to read everyone else's posts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to what Alex said. Flash fiction is the closest I get to reading most of any type of fiction material in the literary world. It's always fun to read what writers come up with in short time-frames such as 10 minutes, etc. so I look forward to checking out your random flash theme! :)

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed your flash fiction posts. Can't wait to read what you come up with this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be paralyzed with fear if I had to write that many pieces of flash fiction in so little time. You must really like the adrenaline of deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I love flash fiction from you! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember meeting you years ago during A to Z and enjoying your flash fiction. I'm not doing A to Z this year, but I look forward to reading more of your material.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your flash fictions, I hope the muse is flowing :)

    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy your flash fictions, so put out some more, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also writing flash fiction for the A to Z Challenge!
    See you around on the A to Z circuit.

    ReplyDelete