Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It's Finished!

Drumroll please...
 

It's official. I've just finished Erron, and now it's off to my editor. This book is unlike anything I've ever written. It's shorter, only 56,000 words, and very concise. In essence it's like a very long piece of flash fiction, if that makes any sense. I love it, and hope you will to. I'll be posting the first page next week, so make sure you stop back for that. Now that I'm done with this frenzied pace I can stop by and see all of you. I missed you guys, and can't wait to read what you've been up to.

Isn't the cover amazing? I love it; it almost tells the story all in itself.

I've got about two weeks off before I need to get onto my next project. Any suggestions on what I should read?

Until next week,
--Mel

10 comments:

  1. That is a really cool cover!! Congratulations. Let us know when it's out.
    I never suggest my own books, but Denise recently posted that she'd asked for suggestions for her Amazon gift card and not one person or author suggested his books. So I'll suggest mine. Of course, I think you've already read all three. So there you go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! The cover is great. it really does give you a glimpse of the story.

    I know exactly what you mean by a "very long piece of flash fiction" because that's like my short story "Hurricane Crimes". It's 50 pages long with no chapters. You can read it from beginning to end in about two hours. So . . . I am going to copy Alex and also take Denise's advice, and recommend Hurricane Crimes. :)

    I can't wait for Erron to come out. You can bet I'll be one of the first people to get a copy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing and it is a lovely cover. Hope you get to read some lovely books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on turning your novel over to the editor! And that is a darned spiffy cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! (I'm having the hardest time leaving comments, so I'll try again and hope it doesn't double post.....)
    Erron looks great and sounds great too. I'll be on the lookout for it when it's released. And, I'm sure you'll have no problems finding a good book to read during your time off. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I love the cover. Makes you look twice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congratulations. The cover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is wonderful and intriguing--well done! I will be glad to read it when it's out. It's great that you're getting some reading time in. I, also, don't recommend my book on blogs--I really don't know why that is...maybe because I've heard that people see it as flagrant self-promotion. On that note, to you, Melanie, and anyone who reads this, I think you'll enjoy a good weekend read with Eve's Amulet~Book 1, a paranormal time-travel romance. May all of us writers enjoy success and abundance through our writing process!
    ~Carole Avila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent cover! Congrats Melanie! Looking forward to reading the first page. The cover speaks volumes.....

    ReplyDelete