Monday, September 9, 2013

First Days

Well this is it, the day school starts in the Schulz house. It's a crazy morning-everyone's up early and still relatively excited about what the new year holds. We're doing the Prairie Primer with the younger ones- basically it's a in-depth study of the Laura Ingalls books, where you do all the cool stuff she did. I think I might enjoy this more than my kids. This week we're making maple sugar candies and corn husk dolls and going on a nature hike to explore animal tracks. Now my older daughter, I couldn't even begin to tell you what she's doing- something that looks a lot like Algebra and Latin and American Government. I think I'll just stick to the candy making.

This week I'm participating in a new monthly event- Indie Life-come back on Wednesday for that. Friday will be the normal Express Yourself and Celebrating the Small Stuff.

What's on the agenda for you this week? 

11 comments:

  1. Sugar candies and corn husk dolls and nature hikes?!? I'm so jealous!
    BTW, I'm hosting Yoland Renee over my blog today and giving away a free e-book. Stop by and enter if you get a chance!
    http://bev-thebevelededge.blogspot.com/2013/09/murder-madness-love-blog-tour.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy sounds better than algebra. I took it in Jr. High but don't remember much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, candy. We used to do a lot of those activities in Bluebirds and 4-H. Fun. Indie Life is a great monthly get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brr? School is just starting there? It's been in session for three weeks here. I can't even imagine... Then again, this is Florida and we should technically be in school DURING the summer to get the most out of our seasons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're on our fourth week of school already, so we're just now in the grove. We moved right after the holidays this year, so it's going to be nice having the kids familiar with their new schools.

    Candy making sounds...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kids wouldn't love candy? My daughter's in high school and has 2 swim meets this week so it's a lot of studying and swim meets (me timing at the one tomorrow night).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sound like fun projects, especially the nature hike! My idea of a "hike" these days is walking through subway tunnels or navigating the crowds on busy downtown streets. I'd rather go on a nature hike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to do the Prairie Primer you! That sounds like a fun way to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to do the Prairie Primer too! My week is pretty busy with a bunch of appointments, but I hope to relax later tonight with a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homemade things and projects are the best! They bring us back to the simple joys in life!!!

    ReplyDelete